I am setting up my family. I have sent the emails. My son responded and we have been unsuccessful

dforstein
dforstein
Community Member

My son can login to his account online. I logged in to my 1password account on his computer and now we can't log him in. It seems as if the secret key is not right.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am setting up my family. I have sent the emails. My son responded and we have been unsuccessful

Comments

• ToddGeorge
    ToddGeorge
    Community Member

Hi there,
    We had a similar issue with one of our devices. If you logged into the app on his device with your information then the app is set to recognize your information only. There can only be one app per user profile on a device and the app can only accept one login. It's for security purposes :)

It's possible that you will need to reset the 1Password app in order to allow him to set up his information. Try this link and see if it helps.
    https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

PS He will absolutely need his emergency kit for this. Make sure it's handy before you start the process.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dforstein: The important thing is that each individual signs into their own 1Password account on their devices using all of their own account credentials: the Master Password they chose, the Secret Key that was generated for them when they signed up, etc. The Emergency Kit is a good place to start.

This discussion has been closed.