Using 1Password6 on Mac the Brave browser extension isn't connecting to my local app

I am using 1Password6 Mac application on Mojave.
I have the Brave browser Version 0.68.138 Chromium: 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
When I try and use the browser extension I do not see an of my passwords or options.

This is setup and working with Chrome on the same system

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:brave

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aaronur: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The new Brave browser released about a year ago can not work with old versions of 1Password which predate it. You'd need to upgrade to the current version of 1Password for compatibility with the latest browser releases. It would be necessary to upgrade your OS first, but that's a good idea for much bigger security and compatibility reasons. Otherwise, you'll need to use a different browser which is still compatible with the old version of 1Password -- though those will continue to diminish over time as they evolve.

• jonsmoore
    jonsmoore
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Same issue ... I suspect same answer. This is my version ... Too old @brenty???

1Password
    Version 6.8.6 (686003)
    Mac App Store

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonsmoore: Correct. Brave rebased a brand new Chromium-based browser this time last year, so only 1Password 7 knows anything about that. There are plenty of other benefits to upgrading to 1Password 7 as well, so if that's something you'd like help with shoot us an email at support@1password.com and we can help. :)

• jonsmoore
    jonsmoore
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty ... looking at the V7 Family option. Can I be the "admin" for the whole family?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonsmoore: You can! With a 1Password Families membership, the person who sets up the membership and invites other family members is the Family Organizer. They can set who has access to which vaults (though there are two special exceptions: everyone has access to the default Shared vault, and only the individual has access to their own Private vault), help family members recover their accounts, and designate other Organizers if desired. Let me know if you have any other questions along the way. :)

This discussion has been closed.