1Password works differently in Chrome than expected

This discussion was created from comments split from: Password7 for Mac downloaded but won't open any sites.

Comments

• tmprsns
    tmprsns
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Hi Ben, I'm having a similar problem: 1password mini no longer working at all on my 2018-model Macbook Air.

Problem 1: mini allows me to login to it using touch-ID, so it was super-fast to log into websites. Never had to use the Chrome browser extension. But no longer, now mini doesn't launch websites at all - clicking on 'Go' does nothing. Instead, I have to put in my master password time and again in the browser extension to access my passwords.

Problem 2: 1password mini used to be smart about which page my browser was on - e.g. if i was on the 1password site, mini dropdown would show the relevant password. No longer, its completely oblivious to whatever page i'm on, always just shows the passwords starting with 'a'...

Basically 1password is broken from my pov.

App:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.3.2 (70302003)
    Mac App Store

Chrome: Extension:

Chrome version:
    76.0.3809.132 (about to auto-update)

Mac:
    MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6

SO - is 1password mini to be deprecated and no longer supported? Do i need to enter my master password every time now? OR is this genuinely an install problem with 1Password7?

Advice appreciated as I've lost much of the efficiency i previously had.

• Hi @tmprsns

The other thread starter is having issues with Safari, not Chrome, which uses a completely different extension. So that we can give you both the attention you deserve, and to avoid confusing the issues, I've split your post into its own thread.

You have 1Password X installed, rather than 1Password extension (desktop app required). These are both extensions we offer for Chrome, but only the latter (currently) has integration with 1Password mini. For the experience you're used to I'd recommend uninstalling 1Password X and installing the traditional extension, which can be found here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• tmprsns
    tmprsns
    Community Member

Ben, this resolved the issue completely - how 1PasswordX must be the bane of your life! Functionality completely restored across all chrome identities, many many thanks.

• how 1PasswordX must be the bane of your life

1Password X is great in a lot of situations but it isn't (yet) a drop-in replacement for the desktop app extension. :+1:

Functionality completely restored across all chrome identities, many many thanks.

You are very welcome. I'm glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.