Feature Request: Ability to hide autofill dropdown

This is with Chrome 77.0.3865.90, the current build as of 9/18/2019.

Sometimes a web site will put important information directly below an input box.
Sometimes the user is not ready to use the 1Password dropdown and/or 1Password is mis-detecting that it would be useful for the input box.
Due to some ways that web pages are programmed, it is not possible to keep the focus away from the input box.

Thus I am fighting with 1Password to get it to hide itself long enough for me to read whatever is written below the dropdown.
I would like to provide an example link, but it was part of a utility bill login.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10 64bit 1903 update
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @slate!

If you prefer, you could email us the example link to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a look over there privately.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• slate
    slate
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, I am sorry but it was part of a registration process for health insurance. I can't reproduce it. I am willing to accept that it was a very rare occurrence and does not warrant anything but very very low priority. Do you accept this?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@slate – Thanks for letting us know you weren't able to reproduce the issue. If it comes up again, please don't hesitate to reach back out. Screenshots always help as well. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It depends heavily on how the site is designed. I haven't encountered a case where I could not dismiss the 1Password X inline icon/menu in one field by focusing on another, and it can be disabled in Settings, but it's something we'll continue to iterate on over time. :)

This discussion has been closed.