V6 sending constant error pop up about failed backup.V7 works flawless. How to get rid of messages?

barbpassman
barbpassman
Community Member

I use version 7.3.4. Found I still had v6 on my Mac, I trashed that older version last night but now constantly get Error pop up with v6 logo "cannot back up to database, key files missing"
How do I get rid of this?There is some V6 files still somewhere on myMac. Please direct me so I trash carefully so as not to damage V7

1Password Version: v7.3.2
Extension Version: ? installed with V7
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: to Mac and DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Deleted 1Password6 now constantly get v6 error message " 1Password could not backup"

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@barbpassman - I don't want to give you advice on such an intricate matter without taking a closer look, and that kind of deeper dive should not be done in this public forum. So, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#VJC-51957-865]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @barbpassman only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: VJC-51957-865

This discussion has been closed.