Installed 1Password7 - many issues

bzx
bzx
Community Member
edited September 2019 in Mac

Hello,

I installed 1P7 because the extension for version 6 stopped working, so eventually I will have to upgrade.. but my feelings are mixed. It seems 1P mini does not want to open when I'm in Safari. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I understand that without the license the app will be only in read-mode but upon "CMD+\" it was showing me the website entry and I could at least drag user/pass to the fields. Now for some reason it doesn't. I quit Safari, quit 1P, relaunch.. all the same.

One more thing - 1P6 used to work with no issues with TouchID, when I pressed CMD+\ I could just use the fingerprint to unlock (sometimes it was requesting typing the password), but now it's quite random. I sometimes can see the prompt for TouchID, but mostly I don't (if I actually get it to work).

How can I be sure that this will work flawlessly when I purchase the license?

I installed the non-MacAppStore version, and using Safari Version 12.1.2 (14607.3.9).

Here's an example of what I mean:
https://youtu.be/zlL0RBGY6U4

Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bzx - I'm sorry for the confusion. It's impossible to tell with 100% certainty what might be the exact cause(s) of the behavior you're experiencing from just that video alone, but it appears as if this may be due to 1Password 7 having not yet been authorized by either adding a standalone license for the new version or by signing in with an active 1password.com account/membership. If you've recently upgraded, 1Password 7 for Mac is a completely new, full-version upgrade from previous versions, and as such, requires a purchase. That's definitely the proximate cause of what you're seeing in that video: without either a license or a 1password.com account, your data will be in Read Only mode, which means: you cannot add, delete or edit any of your data, and you cannot use the browser extension.

How can I be sure that this will work flawlessly when I purchase the license?

I think the best way to answer that is by asking you to consider what your experience of the current/previous versions of 1Password has been? I don't think many software applications can say they never have problems under any circumstances...but if you've been satisfied with the consistency of previous versions and -- more importantly -- with the responsiveness and ability of the support team here at 1Password if/when you have had problems, then I'd suggest it would be fair to expect that to continue. That latter part is the most important piece: we'd be silly to try to offer a 100%-never-any-issue-under-any-circumstances guarantee...but we can definitely say that most users don't have problems with version 7, and we're here to help any who do, just as we always have in the past.

This discussion has been closed.