Old user confused after upgrade to 7

rookiee
rookiee
Community Member

Hi guys!

Been super happy with the app until my Macbook crashed and had to reinstall everything. I purchased app in APP store back in november 2014, not sure if I upgraded to 5 or 6, didn't caught my attention...

Now the thing is, now I have iphone app and mac app version 7, latest firefox extension and all my passwords backed to Icloud via sync.

1. Problem is, new passwords won't add to 1Password, I guess mini doesn't open when typing a pass, firefox add on says I need desktop app which I have I guess so don't get it what is wrong.
  2. In old version I searched a login, hit it and it opened webpage and signed in automatically, now this is gone.
  3. Browsing passwords I can't edit them, would like to "update" pass but I can't.
  4. I would like to add login manually but there's no add button. I have latest IOS versions, firefox, 1password and extension....

Any ideas, solutions...???

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @rookiee! Thanks for being a user for several years, and I'm glad to hear you've been satisfied overall. It sounds very much as if you've not authorized 1Password by either purchasing an upgraded standalone license for version 7 or creating a 1Password account/membership. As a new version, 1Password 7 for Mac requires a purchase, one way or the other. Did you install version 7 from the Mac App Store, or from us? And do you want to continue with standalone 1Password (which is what it sounds like you've been using) or would you like to try a 1password.com membership, which would be our recommendation, for many reasons?

This discussion has been closed.