Database Disk Image is Malformed

Options
colderik
colderik
Community Member

Hi,

I have 1Password Families, running 1Password7 (Version 7.3.2 (70302004)) on a MacBook Pro (10.14.6 (18G87)).

After tidying up (!) some Library files this morning (deleted application support folder for 1Password4), I receive the following error when trying to save new logins via the OS app: "1Password database error. Database Disk Image Is Malformed." Re-installing the 1Password7 has not fixed the issue.

I've checked the web app and notice that one login created via the OS app yesterday evening appears online but not in the OS app. Also, a new login created on the web app does not sync to 1Password7 on this MBP (but does to my iOS devices).

I suspect this is an issue of my own making, but hopefully is reasonably easy to fix (maybe by deleting the sync store?). Can you help?

Many thanks,

Derek

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:database error AND malformed

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @colderik! As you may have suspected by now, it's discouraged to "tidy up" your ~/Library folder at all, as that's where your applications store relevant settings and data. Without taking a closer look, I'd guess that the solution for this will be to remove 1Password 7 for Mac and all support files, then re-install from our downloads page which will re-create the necessary files. When you first run 1Password 7 for Mac after re-installation, sign into your 1Password Families account. That should leave you with a "clean" installation once more. Here are instructions for removing all of the 1Password files (skip the part about Dropbox and iCloud if you're using 1password.com). I'd make sure first that you can sign into your 1Password account in a browser -- you'll need both your Secret Key and your Master Password to do so -- and that the data you see there is in your opinion complete and up-to-date. Let me know if you have questions, especially if you're not certain about anything before proceeding.

• colderik
    colderik
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your prompt and helpful advice, which has resolved the problem.

I'm a little surprised that the transition to 1Password7 (or to a families subscription some time ago) still had dependencies on files in a 1Password4 folder. But I'll try to learn from the experience! :-)

Thank you again.

Derek

• I'm glad to hear Lars was able to help. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.