1P7 mini extension dumbed down

Options

Having recently upgraded from 1P6 to 1P7 with trial membership, I am feeling a little disappointed with the way the mini extension functions in Safari (v13, of course, because it doesn't work with any earlier version, as we have all been told; that's why we are where we are!). The 1P6 version of mini had this pleasing intelligence: when logging into a website, it magically suggested and presented the correct login details for the site, and all you had to do was click to confirm and it would autofill, thus avoiding the need to scroll and search. 1P7 does not seem to have this time-saving capability, which is surprising since I am being asked to pay more to use it. I now have three buttons to open 1Password and they all do exactly the same thing! Are there any plans in the pipeline to restore full function to the mini app?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave
Sync Type: Personal vault
Referrer: forum-search:1Password mini

Comments

• PhilipD
    PhilipD
    Community Member
    Options

You're not alone. I'm feeling similarly bamboozled after the Safari update. The irony is that the 1P6 version of the mini app has so far refused to be quitted on my iMac even though, as you say, it no longer works with Safari 13. So I haven't even got as far as completing the installation of 1P7. But they've got my card details and are clearly ready to start taking my money and, what worries me most about your story is the £6.49 per month. What?!!! No wonder they make it difficult to determine the pricing. It advertises $2.99 per month for a personal registration (when you do get to the info). If that translates to 6.49 in GBP, I'm outta here!

• Hi @PhilipD

1Password mini in v7 does have that functionality. If you look at the top left of mini is Suggestions selected?

You can make this the default in 1Password > Preferences > Mini. Please let me know.

Ben

• PhilipD
    PhilipD
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, so it does! I did notice the Suggestions option but misunderstood it. Thanks Ben. I take back the critical comments!

• :smile: I'm glad Ben could help you out, @PhilipD. Cheers!

• 1pplytdy
    1pplytdy
    Community Member
    Options

Could you pull back on that screen shot and show more? I I am still not seeing this in my 1p7

• Hey @1pplytdy — It may be that your 1Password mini is set to All Items rather than Suggestions. Can you open 1Password, then head to 1Password 7 > Preferences… > Mini and double-check what "Open 1Password to" is set to?

This discussion has been closed.