Duplicated Log Ins

Options
ChiliKane
ChiliKane
Community Member

All my logins are now duplicated after upgrading to V 7. How can I delete the dupes from listing. When I open my login list, I see the exact same information duplicated for each login

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:All my logins are now duplicated in list form after upgrading to V 7 How can I delete dupes

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChiliKane - did you also switch from standalone (local) 1Password data to a 1Password account during the upgrade from version 6 to 7? If so, and if all your items are duplicated, have a look in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults -- is there a vault there called "Primary?" If so, you'll want to remove that. You can do that by clicking 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and UN-checking the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." If that's not the issue - if you don't have a Primary vault or you didn't upgrade to a 1Password account during the 6 --> 7 upgrade, let me know.

• ChiliKane
    ChiliKane
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help. I did have a Primary and Personal. I unchecked Primary and the number of Logins decreased from 262 to 150. The smaller number makes a lot more sense.
    Thanks again
    Chili

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChiliKane - you're quite welcome. :) Glad I was able to assist.

• jasonfranz
    jasonfranz
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same exact problem, except my logins are triplicated. I have no 'primary' vault. Lars, any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jasonfranz! I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you please click 1Password > Preferences > Vaults and tell me what you see there? How many vaults, and what are their names? Thanks.

• jasonfranz
    jasonfranz
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, I see one Vault under my name (called "Personal").

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasonfranz:

Thank you for the confirmation. Just so we are on the same page: have you by chance performed the migration more than once, perhaps even on different devices? That would explain the duplicates if you moved your data multiple times.

• jasonfranz
    jasonfranz
    Community Member
    Options

I have only migrated once that I know of. What I need is a simple way to eliminate exact duplicates quickly.

To be honest I felt tricked into upgrading to the online membership. It appeared that due to upgrades in browser and O.S. that I had no real alternative. The upgrade/migration has caused all sorts of frustration and now it costs me more.

Is there a way to remove the duplicates other than manually one by one?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasonfranz:

Is there a way to remove the duplicates other than manually one by one?

Yes, you can use the duplicate removal tool under the 1Password Help menu in the menu bar > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items.

• jasonfranz
    jasonfranz
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, no go. The cleanup duplicate items menu item is grayed out. Nevertheless I have 100% for sure duplicate entries in my items.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasonfranz:

The menu is greyed out until you select a specific vault to work on. If you look at the left column in the 1Password app, your selection is probably set to All Vaults. Please switch to the exact vault where you have your duplicates and you will then be able to use the remove duplicate tool.

• jasonfranz
    jasonfranz
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, okay. Perfect! I figured there had to be a utility like that. It's exactly what I needed and it worked. Thanks so much.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @jasonfranz! I am happy to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• michaelwhyte
    michaelwhyte
    Community Member
    Options

I can see that I have both primary and personal vaults. But under 'vaults for saving' it records that the primary vault will be used for Dropbox. If I delete this vault what does it mean for my log-ins and saved data?
    Michael

• @michaelwhyte

We typically don't recommend the Dropbox (Primary) remain on a system. For issues such as you're seeing. It should be removed unless you are using an advanced config. You would need to verify all of the data present in the Primary (Dropbox/iCloud) vault is also in the Personal (Membership/Account). I would suggest using something like sort by date created, to narrow down the list. If you find any missing data, copy it to the Personal vault. Then remove the Primary vault from your setup. Once removed make sure the default save is the Personal vault and you will be all set.

If you have questions feel free to ask. :)

https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#mac

This discussion has been closed.