Password 7 seems to have totally messed up 1Password over 3 different devices

peterashworth
peterashworth
Community Member

i reluctantly updated 1Pw 6 to v7 recently on my MacPro (which has only recently been updated from 10.12 > 10.13.6), and i then discovered that there was some problem between my iPhone (on iOS 12) and the desktop versions not sharing info .... after a LOT of checking and rechecking i still could not get them to talk together .... i then discovered i was having the same problem between my occasionally used MacBookPro running 10.12, so today i have again reluctantly updated that to 10.13.6 and hey i have discover that for some reason the different versions are using DIFFERENT VAULTS .... with this totally unasked for FAMILY PACK seemingly being the cause of the problem ...
on my MacPro i have ALL VAULTS (PA family: Private and Shared, with "Vault for Saving" set as PRIVATE),
on my laptop i had PRIMARY on v6 and i now on v7 have ALL VAULTS (PA family: Private and Shared along with PRIMARY, with "Vault for Saving" set as PRIMARY) and w PRIMARY unhooked from Syncing with anything
ffffffssss!!!!]
i have been a user of 1Password since about version 3, and this decision to change everything has now caused a total mess,. with diff versions not having same VAULTS (i am beginning to hate that word) and not syncing with the Dropbox thing as they have for the last 10 years for so
and trying to get any help from 1Pw is also a nightmare which is why i am now using this forum, when i would have preferred dealing wi someone privately
grrrrrr!!!

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: no idea what this is
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: was Dropbox, now is partly Dropbox or nothing

Comments

• mckravmaga
    mckravmaga
    Community Member

Yikes - you have outlined the very reason I have not upgraded from V6. NOW, with your post in mind, I will not do so unless I am able to actually talk with a human at 1 Password to help me AVOID the Sh*TStorm you have been subjected to.... Are you listening Agilebits???

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @peterashworth! I'm sorry for the trouble getting upgraded to version 7. It sounds like you created a 1Password Families account at some point along the process. We can definitely help you sort all this out, but we try to answer support requests in the order we receive them. I see you've asked this same set of questions of our email support team, so to avoid confusion and duplication of effort, and since this will involve discussion of the specifics of your 1Password setup that should not be in this public forum, let's keep the conversation going via email. One of us will be with you as quickly as possible; thanks for your patience.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mckravmaga! Telephone and "live chat" screen-sharing isn't available for 1Password technical support, but we're happy to assist you right here or via email if you have personally-identifying issues regarding your setup that shouldn't be shared in this public forum. In that case, support@1password.com is where you can direct questions.

• peterashworth
    peterashworth
    Community Member

i am more than happy to continue with email, and will try to add to this thread at the end if there is a simple solution as to just how this happened ... tho i should add that up to now all updates have been fairly straightforward affairs, it is the unexpected additions to the app that are causing the problems, oh and there being too many alternatives to Sync to .... result chaos. This particular update should, imho, have included a few more walkthrough stages, which included alternative approaches to those of us who had different devices on different OS (even tho mine are all Apple) ....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your comments. As you point out, having multiple ways of using 1Password as far as sync/membership has some added complexity, compared to if we only offered memberships. Adding more "walkthrough stages" would add even more complexity though, so I'm not sure that is a real solution. There just isn't a way to account for all the various combinations of how the user has things setup in the first place and where they might want to go from there. But we'll continue to tweak things to help where we can, and we're always here to answer any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.