Autofill not working after upgrade to 1Password 7

MGOBLUE
MGOBLUE
Community Member

Autofill in browsers are not working well after upgrade to 1Password7. If in the primary app and select open and fill, it opens the web pages, but fails to fill. Then go to extension and say "auto fill." It does not autofill, but it pops open a mini window on the top right of the computer screen under the 1password icon in the bar where the clock is. If I search for the item in that window, it gives me a "go" option but hitting go just goes back to the search box.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• chaiya
    chaiya
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. I restarted the browser and the computer.... I tried on Chrome and it won't autofill there either.

• Richard19
    Richard19
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Wrong topic - comment deleted

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chaiya - I've answered you in the other thread in which you raised this issue. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Richard19 - no worries! :)

• MGOBLUE
    MGOBLUE
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

I do not see a previous post on this topic or your previous response. I checked all of our old posts. Can you please post or link the answer here?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MGOBLUE:

I believe Lars was referring to this discussion.

• MGOBLUE
    MGOBLUE
    Community Member

Lars, the response above has nothing to do with the issue posted above about autofill. We have a valid license and membership.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MGOBLUE:

Thank you for the update. Can you please generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and send it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can see why this is happening to you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• MGOBLUE
    MGOBLUE
    Community Member

Thanks the report was sent to support ag_ana

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll take a look and continue the conversation via email. :)

ref: JAK-73137-326

• bshipp
    bshipp
    Community Member

I am having the same issue... along with some other odd behavior. On sites like Adobe Cloud, it will autofill user name but not PW. Pretty sure this worked fine on version 6.

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

1Password 7 is working fine here in Safari. In Chrome the Suggestions window comes up and when I select one of the suggestions the window closes and re-opens in a different place on my screen.

Sometimes the auto-fill works after a few tries, sometimes it works the first time. Kind of frustrating.

Also, using the key combo to bring up the Suggestions window sometimes brings the 1Password app to the foreground, or right below Chrome.

I seem to recall a thread here saying these were known problems and being worked on, but the comments in this thread don't say that.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DeltaSeven - what version of 1Password extension do you have installed in Chrome? If it is 4.7.5.90 (or similar), please try deleting it, restarting your Mac, then visiting this link and downloading a fresh copy. Let us know if that works. If you see that your extension has a version more like 1.18 or 1.19, then that means you've installed 1Password X instead of the expected "desktop app required" extension. Let us know what you discover.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @bshipp! Sorry for the trouble. It's going to be difficult to verify what the behavior was in 1Password 6 for Mac without re-installing it (and temporarily UNinstalling version 7), so can you please try checking whether the items you're having difficulty with can fill in other browsers? Or is it just one browser? If it's happening everywhere, try resaving the item manually and see if that allows you to fill properly. If that doesn't seem to work, can you give us a list of which sites you're having troubles with, either here or via email at support@1password.com? Thanks.

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

Lars, my Chrome extension is as you thought, 4.7.5.90. I'll delete/restart/download a fresh copy from the link. I'll report back with the results. Thanks!

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Lars, I followed your suggestion. Behavior did not improve. When I select an item from the Suggestions window it closes and re-opens in a different location on my screen. The user name/password auto fill does not happen.

One note: pretty much the only thing I use Chrome for is with my network video camera system. The "web site" is local, hosted on the NVR in my house. 1Password worked fine with the NVR before. I think it broke when I upgraded from a stand-alone version 6 to the version 7 family version.

I just tried a test and, using Chrome, logged in to Amazon and my bank...and the auto fill worked normally. So the problem seems to be with my camera systems web page.

So...pretty much a "weird" case...but if you have any suggestions I'll give them a try. Thanks for your help.

Another note: After posting this message, I tried logging in to the NVR again...and it worked. This isn't the first time it has seemed to work if I wait a while after the web page loads. I know that sounds nutty...just an observation.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DeltaSeven -- in that case, I would recommend trying out multiple other (public, professional) sites for which you have accounts. Use Chrome, and just see what happens. If you don't notice this behavior on any other sites, then I would agree with you that it sounds like this is a function of a quirky internal site. That doesn't mean we wouldn't still like to be able to help you fill it, but it might be much more configuration-dependent. Let us know what you discover with other sites.

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

Lars, will do. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• 1Lisa
    1Lisa
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

I am having the same problem as the OG poster: upgraded to 1Password 7 (or rather, was sort of forced to when my Mac upgraded to Safari 13.0.1 and all my Safari extensions were wiped out). Have reinstalled the 1Password browser extension and it seems there is no longer an AutoFill function. Installed the Chrome extension and have the same experience.

Is this somehow related to being a software license user vs a subscription user? I go the license route.

UPDATE
    Turns out it was a licensing issue, sort of. 1Password 7 was downloaded and installed from the Mac App Store, which only allows upgrade through subscription. Following the steps of this support article -- (https://support.1password.com/switch-from-mac-app-store/ -- I re-downloaded 1P7 from 1Password.com and was able to upgrade via software license. Problem solved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, sorry for the confusion there. For various reasons, the Mac App Store version of 1Password does not have a "standalone" purchase option, but that's available from our website.

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

Lars, I've tried a half-dozen other web sites and auto-fill in Chrome worked each time. The auto-fill for my NVR's page has been intermittent. I think I'll post something on the NVR forum to see what they say.

An interesting side-note: I decided to use Chrome's save password and auto-fill for my NVR's page. So I enter my user name and password manually...and Chrome never offers to save the credentials. Chrome does offer to save credentials on other web sites. So this really points the blame at the coding for my NVR's web page.

• @DeltaSeven

So this really points the blame at the coding for my NVR's web page.

While I hate to point the finger... If other password managers are having trouble with their page as well I think that is a reasonable assumption. Please let us know how you make out with their forum.

Ben

• Zortrium
    Zortrium
    Community Member

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. Same thing as above posters -- ever since upgrading to 1P 7, autofill in Chrome fails about ~50% of the time. Sometimes it works on the first try, but often I have to try it at least twice (and sometimes 3 or 4 times) before it works. A daily frustration.

Happens across all my machines (running the latest OS/Chrome/etc) and across all websites. I'm confident this is a 1P issue and not a site issue.

ETA: to underscore the above, I just had it happen on this very forum. Had to try autofill twice to get it to work.

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

Zortrium: I pretty much only use Chrome for my network video recorder page, but Lars advice to delete the 1Password extension, reboot, then install a fresh copy of the extension has helped. The first few log ins didn't seem any better, but since then the auto-fill has worked every time.

• @Zortrium

That is a bug that our development team is aware of. We're working hard on a fix.

Ben

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

A bug our development team is aware of. Hmmm. I'm curious why Lars didn't mention that to me two days ago. His advice was to delete and reinstall the extension.

• @DeltaSeven

I believe your situation is different from @Zortrium's. In your case, it appears the difficulty is with the NVR page. Zoltrium is running up against a bug where autofill needs to be activated multiple times before filling happens regardless of the page.

Ben

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

I believe my situation is more like Zortrium's than you think. Yes, the problem is logging in to my NVR's admin page. But the symptoms are exactly the same.

Deleting the extension, rebooting and re-installing the extension have seemed to help -- so far. But in the beginning the symptoms were identical to Zortrium's.

Glad to hear it's being worked on -- I have no doubt you guys will find a fix. Thanks for your help here.

This discussion has been closed.