1PW requires typing in Master Password 3 times before autofill works!

markgr
markgr
Community Member

I have an iPhone 8 (though the same problem occurred on my previous phone, an iPhone 7). When I go into an app that requires a username and password that is stored in 1PW, my expectation is that I type in my master password and then 1PW autofills the username/password into the particular app. However, what I am finding is I need to type in the Master Password 3 consecutive times before the autofill works. When I type the Master Password in the first time, the username/password does not populate, so I’m still left with blank username and password boxes. I click in one of those boxes and am presented with the 1PW Master Password screen again. I type it a second time and the same thing happens. Finally, upon typing it the 3rd time, finally the applicable username and password for the app autofills and I can continue.

Note that this doesn’t happen consistently. Sometimes I need to type the Master Password only once, and sometimes twice, but most of the time it takes 3 times. This is obviously a huge pain. I do not use TouchID, so am willing to type in the Master Password once, but not more than that. Please advise. The iOS is up to date (13.1.1).

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.1.1
Sync Type: 1Password cloud
Referrer: forum-search:iPhone auto fill

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markgr!

Is this happening with a specific app?

• markgr
    markgr
    Community Member

Not one specific app. It never happens with my browser, only with apps, seemingly at random.

• Hi @markgr,

Next time you notice this could you please note the app it happened with and report back? My suspicion would be that the apps you're experiencing this with have not updated to add Password AutoFill compatibility yet. One nice thing about Password AutoFill is it will work almost everywhere, including places that it isn't yet explicitly supported, but there can be oddities like this in such places.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.