iPad apps wrong choices displayed

fusiontoad
fusiontoad
Community Member

1PW on the iPad. TiVo app. Tap username and keyboard displayed with ‘Passwords’. Tap ‘Passwords’. Face ID succeeds. List opens with unrelated choices..and search never lists more or different choices. Am I doing it wrong?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:iPad app wrong

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fusiontoad: Hmm. Good question. The first problem you're running into, I do understand. They have not followed Apple's guidelines in their app to add associated domains, so that iOS Password Autofill can show matching login credentials for it. So they'd need to update their app to help with that. The rest I'm not 100% sure of, so a couple questions:

• Do you have 1Password enabled in iOS Settings for Password Autofill? it looks like probably not, based on your screenshots, as it appears that you're getting results only for iCloud Keychain.

• Do you have a Tivo Login item saved in 1Password? You will still have to search for it since Tivo's app doesn't seem to be giving iOS what it needs to find your login credentials for you, but once you've got 1Password enabled for Autofill you should be able to use it there.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• fusiontoad
    fusiontoad
    Community Member

Yes, I somehow missed that enable autofill step. Enabled that and all is good now. It even found TiVo and displayed that login.
    But, before I did that the confusing thing was that 1PassWord did the Face ID thing...but now I wonder if THAT was iCloud.
    Anyway, my problem is solved. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fusiontoad: Ah, you're completely right. If you only had iCloud Keychain enabled, that will also use Face ID any time you try to use it to fill login credentials; and it just displays all saved login credentials to choose from. Thanks for the update! :)

This discussion has been closed.