1password Doesn't Work with IOS 13.1 on iPhone 11

Options
Kobenhavn
Kobenhavn
Community Member

Upgraded to iPhone 11. Previously had iPhone 6 running 1Password 6 (I think). When I tried to use 1password got a very confusing login screen requesting unknown info (eg Secret Key). Worked out I have a single licence so didn't need the key. I managed to work out that i needed to sync with Dropbox (This is NOT obvious). Now when I open Dropbox on the iPhone ALL my logins etc are in a folder called Trash. I cannot move them as the option os greyed out.
My Macbook pro still works (OS 10.14.6) but there is an update Mac OS pending, which I haven't done.
How do i make the iPhone work correctly please. I am concerned that I'll lose my data as it is in a Trash folder which could mean there's a time limit until it self deletes. Iv'e taken a pdf print as back up from the macbook just in case. I've had a similar problem in the past with 1password and it is very annoying.
It is not made clear that there is a difference between membership and an individual account. Then there is always some glitch like this to overcome. I'm thinking of switching to another password provider.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password won't work on iPhone with iOS 13.1

Comments

• nathan1ps
    nathan1ps
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. iPhone XS iOS 13.1

• Hi @Kobenhavn and @nathan1ps

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify:

Now when I open Dropbox on the iPhone ALL my logins etc are in a folder called Trash. I cannot move them as the option os greyed out.

You're seeing this in the Dropbox app on your iPhone?

My Macbook pro still works

That's very good news. Could you please confirm where your Mac is syncing 1Password to? You can check in 1Password under Preferences > Sync. Also, so you're aware, 1Password for Mac makes automatic local backups of standalone vaults:

1Password backups

So even if things were to go further sideways you could restore from one of those backups. The PDF isn't necessary, and isn't something we'd recommend.

It is not made clear that there is a difference between membership and an individual account

An 'individual account' is one type of 1Password subscription membership. It sounds like you do not have an account (or membership) at all, but rather a 1Password for Mac license. Membership is the newer and recommended way of doing things, but shouldn't be necessary to sort out this situation. It may be something to look into once we get this sorted. Thanks!

Ben

• Kobenhavn
    Kobenhavn
    Community Member
    Options

I managed to fix the iPhone issue by simple complete turn off if iPhone and restart (I could get a job in IT lol).
    On restart logins had appeared in correct folder. Still not clear on membership vs licence. Confusing marketing in my view. What’s the difference in pricing for the two and is it worth the swap?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2019
    Options

@Kobenhavn

Generally a license covers the usage of a specific version of 1Password by one person on a specific type of devices (e.g. Mac). They don't come with any guarantee of upgrades, and don't include a 1Password.com account. It is on the end user to set up syncing via a 3rd party service such as iCloud or Dropbox.

With membership the latest versions of all of the 1Password apps are included at no extra cost. You always get whatever upgrades are available to the 1Password apps. In addition 1Password.com handles the syncing of your encrypted data. It isn't necessary to use a 3rd party service. With that comes automatic off-site backups, and the ability to optionally securely share some or all of your 1Password data with another person. There are a number of other features that are exclusive to membership, which you can read about here:

About 1Password membership

Membership starts at $2.99 USD + tax (if applicable) per month ($35.88 USD + tax / yr) when invoiced annually. We also offer options for families and businesses. Licenses list for $65 USD + tax each.

If you don't have the latest version of 1Password yet I'd encourage you to take a look at membership.

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue with a reboot. Thanks for the update!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.