1P7 not detecting my credit union's web site

Just updated to 1P7 and now 1Password is not detecting my credit union's web page. If I type Canvas Credit Union into the 1P7 Safari extension, it brings up my login info and gets me to the web site when I click "go," but once I'm on the site, the extension acts like it doesn't have a login that belongs to the page, and if I re-type Canvas in the extension, the login info appears but there's no way to get it to fill on the page - I have to physically copy and paste userid and password. Previously (before update), I always had to prompt 1P to fill my info on this web site (www.canvas.org) because login requires an extra click on a button on the page to open a pop-up login window, but now 1P7 isn't even recognizing the site even though the web address in 1P is correct. I tried creating a new 1P login for this site but it's acting no differently than the original one. What can I do?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_michaelc
    edited November 2019

Hey @becc_maj7, I'm sorry you're having this problem! Is it only on this one website or are you seeing a similar issue elsewhere? Is there a more exact URL other than just www.canvas.org? I tried reproducing this in Firefox and Safari and was unable to do so, so I'm wondering if the problem is on a very specific login URL? Another thing to check, in that same vein—when you are logging in, is the URL actually still canvas.org? Some banks (and sites in general) will actually take you to a completely different URL when it comes to log in. If it's something different from the domain stored in 1Password, 1Password mini won't know to show that as a matching suggestion.

I'm looking forward to figuring this out with you, and if you have any additional details in addition to the above, please let me know!

• becc_maj7
    becc_maj7
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Thanks for responding, @ag_michaelc. It looks like I can autofill at the web site now, but the REALLY big issue I'm still having is that 1Password is acting like it doesn't recognize ANY of the web sites that I ask it to navigate to or that I navigate to myself once I'm on the site. For example, if I type Capital One into 1Password mini's search bar, it brings up my login info and I click "go"; it takes me to the web site... and then it does nothing else. When I go back to 1P mini, it does not still have the Cap 1 login info at the ready - it's like it doesn't even recognize that I'm there even though it just navigated me to it! - and I have to physically type in "Capital One" in the search bar again for it to bring up the login info, which I can then autofill. Previously when I did this (before the 1Password upgrade), 1P would take me to the web site, autofill my login info, and (usually) automatically log me in without me having to click another button. For a few web sites (like www.canvas.org), 1P would navigate me to the web site and then require me to go back into 1P to autofill the login info, but 1P would ALWAYS still have the login info waiting for me right there, at which point I just had to click "autofill," and then click "login" (par for the course on sites that require clicking on a popup screen in order to enter login info). I NEVER had to re-type the name of the web site in 1P once I'd navigated to (or been navigated to) the site like I'm having to do now. This is happening for every.single.web.site I navigate to, and these are all sites I've logged into using 1P routinely if not daily in the past. I am so frustrated, but I'm also hopeful someone can help me find a solution to this problem!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

Hey @becc_maj7!

It sounds like 1Password Mini is set to show "All Items" when clicked instead of showing "Suggestions". If it is set to "All Items", it will show you a long list of all the stuff you have stored in 1Password - ordered alphabetically. If you have it set on "Suggestions", it will only show you logins that are relevant to the website you're currently on.

If that sounds like what you are seeing, please try the following:
    1. Open the 1Password desktop app.
    2. Click the "1Password" menu on the top left next to the Apple logo and select "Preferences".
    3. In the new preferences window that will pop up, go to the "Mini" tab.
    4. Find "Open 1Password To:" and set it to "Suggestions".

I hope that is indeed the issue you were having and that this suggestion will solve it :)

• becc_maj7
    becc_maj7
    Community Member

Hi, @Yaron! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond - this is exactly what I needed! I've experimented a little after changing my preferences as you suggested, and 1Password seems to be working much more like it used to now. I hope you have a great day!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

I'm glad to hear it, @becc_maj7 !
    Have an awesome week yourself :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.