On Mac things are not working for me at all

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

I just started using a brand new Mac with latest OS. First thing I installed is 1Password. But it does not behave at all. It was all great on Windows. And I know it is great on Mac too. But not sure what I am missing.

None of the browsers it suggests any login/pw. I have to search for it and copy/paste or manually press autofill button. Safari Version = 13.0.1. I have installed the extension from Mac Store.

I might have updated the mojave (some 3gb update) after installing the 1password, But things are not at all working for me as expected.

Please help me to migrate me to MAC. Guide me by providing exact steps I am suppose to do. I am ok to use the beta versions also. Whether I should use browser extension or 1password X? But please help me to setup 1password simple and clean and should start working great as I see on windows or more.

The objective is it should start working and do its fundamental duties clean and clear on Mac. Please help.

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit - I'm sorry for the trouble. 1Password X is not available for Safari. In fact, if you're a Safari user, there's nothing to install in terms of external 1Password extensions, because 1Password 7 for Mac uses Apple's new Safari App Extensions format, which is installed with and built into the app itself. In other words, if you installed 1Password 7 for Mac, you installed the Safari extension. There's a possibility you might need to activate it, however: check Safari's Preferences > Extensions and make sure a 1Password extension with the version number 7.3.2 is installed and also make sure it's active (checked) in the left sidebar. If it isn't, check it, then restart both 1Password and Safari (as well as your Mac) and see if that helps.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

@Lars To start with my first issue is on a page where it should recognise and fill in the login and pw is not happening. After pressing command+\ , I have to search for the login and then press the autofill button for things to work. Please help. This works flawlessly on windows for same login as I have both the machines in front of me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit:

What happens exactly when you press command+\? Does 1Password mini show up at least, or nothing happens?

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

@ag_ana Yes it does shows up without any context of why it has been asked to show up. :)

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit:

Does the website field in this item in your 1Password vault match the URL of the website that you are visiting?

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Yes! When you click on it in address bar in safari you see the URL which is stored in one password. It is the same as windows.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Now I solved the first issue that it detects the site and suggest the password by changing the setting Open 1Password to "Suggestions" from " Favourites". Now why it does not autofill it and asks me to press the auto fill button?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit: What do you see in Safari Preferences > Extensions? A screenshot would be great. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

And what happens if you press ⌘ \ when you're at a login page?

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Here is the screenshot:

On press of command + \ the one password window/mini comes up with the suggested login and with blue autofill button.

,Thanks, Abhijit

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit:

Do you maybe have more than one login for this website?

Also, can you please let us know the exact URL that this is happening with so we can also test it here?

Thank you!

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Why the issue is not on windows? I can not share the URL but it is kind of SSO.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Abhijit: Without being able to test and reproduce it, it's impossible to say. If you prefer, you can email us at support+extension@1password.com with the details.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Ok I will take the email route now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you! :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.