Can't find "1Password menu" when I go to unistall 1password for Mac

Dannyhealy1
Dannyhealy1
Community Member

According to the website: https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/

The instructions for uninstalling 1password are:

1. Open 1Password and click the 1Password menu.
  2. Hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard. While holding the Control and Option keys, select “Quit 1Password Completely”.

When I open 1password though there is nothing that says menu. Thus I cannot "click on the 1password menu" as instructed in point 1 See screenshot. Can anyone let me know what is meant by the instruction "click on the 1password menu".

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:uninstall

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Dannyhealy1! The instructions refer to the 1Password item in your Mac's menubar. When you launch any application on the Mac, you will see a left-to-right set of menubar items, just to the right of the Apple menu at the very top left of your screen. The first of these will typically be the applications name. So, for 1Password 7 for Mac, it says 1Password 7. Clicking that will result in seeing the option to quit 1Password. Hold down the Control and Option keys while this menu item is open, and you'll see it change from "Quit 1Password" to "Quit 1Password Completely," like this:

• Dannyhealy1
    Dannyhealy1
    Community Member

Thank you so much Lars! As always I am mortified by my inability to solve these problems!!! :) :chuffed:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries at all @Dannyhealy1! We are here to help :) And on behalf of Lars, you are welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.