Import into an existing item, without duplicating

Options

Hi, I am just starting out and import from a CSV which seems (limited but) straight forward, but once I have imported I don't see a way to then import new information, or update existing information of existing items.
If I import the same items in again, with or without any changes to the csv data, new items are created. How to update existing items using the import feature.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@glenbellamy: Can you tell me why you're trying to import the same data multiple times? There isn't a way to have that not result in separate items because that would cause data loss in most situations. But I may be able to suggest something, if you can help me understand what you're trying to accomplish.

• glenbellamy
    glenbellamy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. This is related to my post regarding changing the Custom Field labels when importing.
    When I import my 600+ items from my CSV file, all goes well. I can even import custom field using this CSV. (except the issue with Field Label still remaining "Field 6 or Field 7 etc)
    Once I have imported my items, I would like to know if I can then import NEW data into all those items. Maybe I want to add a field called "Owner" and add a persons name to this custom field, as the owner of the password. Or add a new custom field called "Project" and it will contain the project name/number this password relates to.
    I cant see a way to do this at present, as importing creates new items, it does not update existing ones. Obviously there would need to be a key/unique field for uniquely identifying items.
    Is it possible to add new data, or update existing data to items already in 1Password using the import function?

Thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@glenbellamy

I've replied to your other post. I'm happy to help you get your data imported as you want. The native 1Password CSV importer won't do what you want.

This discussion has been closed.