To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving from Individual to Family Subscription

Options
ifabot
ifabot
Community Member

How do you go about doing this? I can’t figure out how to convert my account from individual to a family one.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ifabot! Welcome to the forum!

If you login to your 1Password account in a browser, you will see the invite link in the menu. If you don't, it's possible that your subscription is handled through Apple or Google Play, so please let us know if that is the case so we can help you switch your billing settings :)

• ifabot
    ifabot
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana , you’re right. I do handle my subscription through Apple. Does that mean I have to switch to managing it directly though you?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is correct, @ifabot.

Currently the App Store does not allow us switch from an individual to a 1Password Families account when you are subscribed via Apple subscriptions.

The first thing you should do is cancel your in-app purchase subscription via iTunes. If you need any help with that, please see this article to find out how to do it:

https://support.1password.com/subscribe-iap/#to-upgrade-to-a-family-account

Once you’ve done this please let us know and we will reset your billing type. You can then log in to 1Password.com, change your account type and subscribe again. I would recommend subscribing directly with us to make the process simpler, but I believe you should be able to activate a brand new Apple subscription for your Families account if that's what you prefer.

Please let me know if you would like to do this and if you have any questions!

• ifabot
    ifabot
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, I’ve gone ahead and cancelled the subscription through iTunes. Can you please assist Me with switching To the family plan? I don’t see the option to subscribe to family within the iTunes option set.

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ifabot:

I have updated your billing settings from here, so you can now convert your account and subscribe again :)

This discussion has been closed.