Is there a page with step-by-step for linking 1Password7 on a Mac to an iOS device?

briancady
briancady
Community Member

I have tried all morning to find this information without success. All pages with instructions from Google only refer to set up sync in versions previous to 1Password7 and I cannot find the information after multiple searches through the forum.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: ????

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @briancady! Welcome to the forum!

This documentation page shows you how to configure sync on the latest version of the 1Password app :)

• briancady
    briancady
    Community Member

I saw the page you mention but I cannot figure out how to configure my current 1Password app on my iPhone with this account and have it automatically update. Do I have to know where I am storing a sync version? Do I need to wipe the account on the iPhone and re-establish it somehow? Are there settings on the Mac computer 1Password7 I need to adjust and how do I access them?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@briancady:

Yes, you need to know where you current data is stored in order to configure sync on your other device. If you have a subscription with us, data is stored on 1Passwordcom, so all you need to do in this case is add your 1Password account to your iPhone app to have your data synced there automatically.

• briancady
    briancady
    Community Member

I believe I have figured it out and got the iPhone pointed to the correct vault. Whew! That may seem obvious to the designers but the directions need to be a little more fleshed out for those of out here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad Ana was able to help. We're here if you need us. :)

And if it helps anyone else, the migration guide also covers removing the old vault from each device after signing into your 1Password membership account. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.