Add another Second Factor on the 1Password website is greyed out? Why? Trying to add yubikey

MacTechFreak
MacTechFreak
Community Member

Hi, when I go to the 1Password website. I have 2FA turned on, I have my Authenticator App and Code associated. When I try to “Add another second factor” to add my yubikey, the option is greyed out. Why? And how can I fix it? I have tried logging out and back into the website. i have tried logging out of website then clearing Safari history and cache, then logging back in. Nothing seems to be working.

1Password Version: Website
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.12.6 and iOS 13.1
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:Add another Second Factor on the 1Password website is greyed out

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

@MacTechFreak: You're not able to click this?

Are you maybe not using a compatible device/browser? I'm also not sure that will work at all on an outdated OS, and you'd need the Lightning one on an iPhone.

• MacTechFreak
    MacTechFreak
    Community Member

I have the YubiKey 5ci with lighting. I was using my iPad running 13.1.2 and Safari. That button you have circled is greyed out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MacTechFreak: It won't work on an iPad at all without an update to the OS and browser that may happen in the future. You'd need to enable it in a supported browser on a computer, and then it will work both there and on iOS -- iPhone, not iPadOS. TOTP can be used instead on an iPad, or any other device/OS/browser configurations where the Yubikey cannot.

• MacTechFreak
    MacTechFreak
    Community Member

Wow ok so the limitations are that severe. I’m just going to return the Yubikey then. It’s a shame but the Cost vs Limitations are way off.
    Thanks for the help. I was lead to believe it would work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble. I'm sure that Yubico is working on solutions for iPads and other platforms with the vendors, so it's probably just a matter of time before there are new SDKs for us to use as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.