Persistent logon and other Android issues

denisbuckley
denisbuckley
Community Member

On my Mac I can set a persistent logon duration. Not on Android apparently. Every time I switch between 1P and another so, eg Chrome, it requires re-entering the pw. Really cumbersome when setting up a new login account... See below.

Also, when creating a new account, 1 password prompts to autofill, then prompts to create a new login, but then it's a culdesac. No help at all. Easier to manually fill the fields on the browser. But then...

If I manually create a new login, 1P can generate a password but not autofill the confirm field. I can copy the pw, sure, but confirm pw fields do not accept pasted pws.

If I then manually fill both the password and confirm pw fields, then press enter, 1P doesn't prompt to remember it. As a result, I'm creating new logins with a pw that's easy to type in and remember. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Easy fix for smart developers?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@denisbuckley: 1Password can only stay unlocked while it is running. Many devices have settings to aggressively kill apps in the background. When that happens, you will need to unlock either using the Master Password, or, if your device supports it, fingerprint recognition. There may be settings you can change to prevent 1Password being killed in the background on your device, and as long as it is running, it will use your auto-lock setting (1Password Settings > Security).

You're right that some websites can be setup in troublesome ways to do things like preventing 1Password from filling, and you from pasting. That's not something we have control over, but we'll continue to work to find ways to work around things we can. 1Password can't automatically prompt to save using Android's Autofill and Accessibility features, but perhaps that will be possible in the future. Personally, I find that running split screen to drag and drop can be helpful in a lot of those cases though.

• denisbuckley
    denisbuckley
    Community Member

Hey Brent, that did it. Thanks.
    Settings>apps>special access>optimise battery usage (Android 9 Samsung s8)
    Turn it off for 1Pw.
    I can live with the rest now I can do this
    Cheers

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@denisbuckley, on behalf of brenty, you are very welcome! Thank you for the update, I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.