Drop down menu filling not working

Hi,

If I try to login in websites that require a dropdown menu choice before allowing to type in user and password 1P can not select from the dropdown menu and subsequently not fill in user/psw.

Example:
https://emilib.medialibrary.it/home/cover.aspx
Label name is "lente", 1P got the name and the value correctly but if I CMD+\ and fill it does nothing, the drop down menu is stuck on "select".

This happens both on Mac and iOS:
Chrome v 77.0.3865.90
Safari v 13.0.2 (14608.2.40.1.2)

iOS v 12.4.1
MacOS 10.14.16

1P latest update as of today (mac "1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Store" and iOS 7.4.2)

I read other forum discussions but saving the login manually instead of via popup didn't work. Also there is no redirect after choosing something from the drop down menu and as far as I can tell 1P should be able to handle it.

Can you help me? Thanks
An happy customer

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.16
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Macpiraz!

1Password normally can handle dropdown menus, but in the site that you reported, the login form is completely disabled until after you have selected a choice from the dropdown. Usually, the login form is available: if it is disabled, 1Password won't be able to fill it unfortunately.

• Macpiraz
    Macpiraz
    Community Member

Ok, thank you very much for your explanation.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Macpiraz, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• avgeek
    avgeek
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue (I presume) with https://www.radissonhotels.com. The main site has a drop-down for entering your sign-in credentials, but my 1Password isn't filling it correctly. I'm a 1P v7 subscriber. I don't know how to make this work, and I end up copying the password out of 1Password to my clipboard and pasting it into the field on the site to get in...

Many thanks for any advice!

PS I am using macOS Catalina (but it was the same on Mojave), and latest Safari and:

1Password 7
    Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
    1Password Store

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @avgeek ,

This is not related to the issue discussed here and what you are experiencing is a different issue.
    I have tested your website and it does go a little crazy there. That login popup is very annoying since it can't stay opened and anywhere else you click or do will close it, and when trying to autofill the password field it simply jumps to the bottom of the page... BUT! I was able to autofill it successfully with our latest beta of 1Password X, which is great news since we are working on bringing it to Safari which will allow you to enjoy its enhanced capabilities as well. Hopefully that will happen in soon. Until then it looks like copying and pasting the password is your best bet. :)

This discussion has been closed.