Upgraded to 1Password 7 for Mac, now I cannot sign in!

Options
jeffhester
jeffhester
Community Member

I downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac, installed it and setup a trial account (I've been using it standalone for years). Somehow I forgot my master password on the account (which was different from my master password for standalone). The online help said the only option was to delete my account (which I did). I setup a new account, and I can sign-in at my.1password.com just fine, but I cannot sign-in to the Mac OS app. It looks like it still "sees" the original account that I setup (which I've deleted), and it won't let me delete it from Preferences or add a new account (without entering the "old" master password... which I still don't remember). I tried deleting the 1Password Mac OS app, downloading it fresh and starting again, but I have the same issue -- there is already an "account" that I cannot get into. Help!

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffhester! Welcome to the forum!

Please try starting over in the 1Password app, and you will be able to add your new account to the app afterwards :)

• jeffhester
    jeffhester
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana — I was able to delete the data and start over!

Incidentally, the "starting over" link shows different content depending on the device you use. When I first viewed it on my iPhone, it showed me the instructions for starting over with the iOS app. Later I tried on my Mac and it showed the "correct" instructions for the problem I was having.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.