Fingerprint never resets and no option to force master password after time

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi,
Just evaluating the Android app and the fingerprint never gets removed even if I use the wrong finger over 30 times.

It will always accept the correct one. Why does it not reset to master password after several wrong attempts just like with PIN? Device is a Mate 20 Pro.

Also why is there no option to set a time limit after which you'll have to use master password just like on iOS?

Don't like that security features differ between platforms.

Is this planned?

Comments

• Hi @guidanceseeker, thanks for the questions :)

Regarding your fingerprint, 1Password defers to the system for Fingerprint Unlock. We ask Android if your fingerprint is available for us to request and if it says 'yes' you'll be given the option to scan it.

Being able to require the Master Password after a set amount of time is a reasonable request, I've passed your feedback along to the development team :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah having feature parity between platforms would be great.

Regarding fingerprint. I just assumed it would dismiss fingerprint as an option if you try to unlock unsuccessful too many times. Apparently it doesn't.

• If your device is like mine then it will eventually tell you that fingerprint unlock is unavailable and to "try again later". Do you see this?
    Admittedly the 'later' doesn't seem to be very long at all but there is a break.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I see this but it is only a 30 sec break and one can retry again after. Fingerprint is never entirely dismissed

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As Andi mentioned above, biometric unlock is handled by the OS. It's not something we have access to or control over, apart from getting a "yes" or "no" from Android as far as whether it is available, and whether authentication is successful.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

So iOS handles this differently as there the tiucid will reset entirely after several attempts if I am not mistaken

• peri
    Options

@guidanceseeker I believe it does. You can find an in-depth description of how the two features work in our knowledgebase:

About Touch ID security in 1Password for iOS

About Fingerprint Unlock security in 1Password for Android

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@peri
    already read that but thanks anyway. I am fine with the info I have by now.
    As stated above an option to force master password after some set time would be a great addition to the Android version
    Cheers

• Thanks @guidanceseeker, have a great day :)

This discussion has been closed.