Advanced protection for family

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Will the features of the newly introduced advanced protection for business also trickle into family and individual plans?

Password Policy would be great for families as well as Geo restrictions would be great in general.also for single users

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @guidanceseeker!

The features included in the Advanced Protection were built with businesses in mind, which require certain rules. At the moment we don't have any plans to extend these features to other types of account.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thx for your feedback. Still think those feature wouldn't only be meaningful for a business.

• Thanks for sharing your perspective, @guidanceseeker :)

Ben

• Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Community Member

Sorry for the bump, but I also think that certain aspects of Advanced Protection would be useful for individuals and families - especially the "firewall rules" and the "sign in attempts report".

• Thanks for the feedback on this, @Tezcatlipoca! :smile: :+1:

• MiguelM
    MiguelM
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

+1 for this perspective, as a one-man army freelancer, I would LOVE to get more security using Advanced Protection elements, not the whole enchillada. "Prevents Threats" and "Monitor Access" would be on my wishlist, "Create Policies" wouldn't be.

Sure, I could simply move to a business account, but since I would only be using ONE of a ton of features that would feel like a big price step. I often run into this issue, where I would really need more features as a freelancer, especially security-related, but can't afford the corporate pricing for the prices tailor-made for big companies. I clearly understand that freelancers might be more of a niche, still, I would highly appreciate an offer for this market.

BTW: Thanks a lot for your great work, I've been a customer for many years on OSX, IOS and Windows, and 1Password had never let me down!

• Hey @MiguelM

I'd encourage you to reach out to our business team at business@1password.com to see if they have any specific offerings that might apply to your situation. I can't promise that they do currently, but at a minimum it would help us gauge interest in something along those lines, as we develop additional options.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.