Unable to unlock 1Password X in Chrome on Mac OS 10.15

Options

Today I have been unable to unlock my chrome extension (1Password X). The app opens and prompts for my master password; however, the keyboard is unresponsive in the extension. I have:

• Restarted Chrome (v 77.0.3865.120)
  • Restarted Mac OS
  • Uninstalled 1Password X (Reinstalled and was able to login, but the problem comes back as soon as the extension locks)
  • Tested in Firefox. Yes, Firefox extension for 1Password X is working just fine.

My co-worker has the same chrome version and Mac OS version and is not experiencing any issues.

Could this happen when a user is signed into chrome and syncing their profile?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: OS X 10.15 (19A602)
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome extension unable to unlock

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @bartimaeusson! Thanks for letting us know about this. When you type in your Master Password and press enter, are you able to unlock 1Password X even though you can't see that anything is typing?

This may be a long shot, but I'm also curious if you're working from an external monitor or from your computer's primary display. There's a Chromium bug that has to do with lag in extensions with popups while using an external display. In that case, it may not look like you're able to type, but typing your Master Password and pressing enter would still work as you'd expect it to. A workaround is moving the Chrome window to your primary display. That should remove the lag completely.

• bartimaeusson
    bartimaeusson
    Community Member
    Options

Strange, you are right about the external monitor. I have two external monitors plugged in and have also started using sidecar. I will keep an eye on this. Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bartimaeusson – No problem! If you're curious about the issue, you can check it out here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=971701

We've done what we can to help the Chromium team which included making a barebones extension with only a text field in a pop-up just to see if it happened there to. It did, so now we're in a bit of a bind waiting for Chromium to get the issue resolved. I'm sorry I don't have a better solution in the meantime, but the good news is that your Master Password is being typed even though you can't see it. Typing your Master Password and pressing enter allows you to sign in or you can always move the browser window over to your primary display.

Totally unrelated – how's Sidecar working for you so far? I've heard really good things about it, but I haven't tried it out myself yet.

This discussion has been closed.