Separate-page field auto-fill for 1Password7?

Options
billpeet
billpeet
Community Member

I recently began subscribing to 1Password 7 (v. 7.3.2), having used 1Password 6 before. Two differences I've noticed, which I'm wondering if they can be remedied in the settings:

1) In previous versions of 1Password, when a website (for example Gmail) separates the Username field from the Password field onto separate pages, after 1Password 6 filled in the UserName on the first page, it automatically filled in the password field on the second page. In version 7, it doesn't, and I must again select the login from 1Password 7 in order to fill the password. Although not the biggest problem in the world, is there a way to have 1Password 7 work this the same way 6 did?

2) Also, in 1Password 6 I could choose to have it automatically login to the website after it inputted the credentials. I haven't found any "auto-login" setting in 1Password 7. Is there a way to do this?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billpeet!

Starting from macOS Mojave, Apple removed the feature in the operating system that allowed us to submit your credentials after filling it on the page, so 1Password will not be able to do that anymore. However, after filling them you should just be able to press the Enter key on your keyboard to have them submit, so hopefully the process will not be much slower than before :)

I believe that the first question is also related to this.

This discussion has been closed.