To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading from 1PW 6 to 1PW 7

Options
NormCole
NormCole
Community Member

A few days ago I purchased and installed the new 1Pw v7 application which included setting up a new master password. Accessing the application using this password gets me to the new web-based screens OK, but password autofilling and various other functions do not appear to be operating properly.

However, while I was going through the above installation, I downloaded the 1Pw v7 application to my applications folder and set up a reference to it via my dock. Entering my old (not the new) master password via the dock allows access to all the data that I set up using the web-based application but it's displayed using the old 1Pw v6 screen formats.

Using these old (v6) screens and functions, autofilling and other problems seem to disappear.

So what is happening here?

If I can buy some time with 1Password by staying with this "old" application format for a while, that may be a good thing.

I'd like to hear from 1Password Help and other folks on this if possible..

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NormCole!

I think part of the problem is that you are using 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 at the same time. We recommend using only one to avoid interference with the browser extension, which could be what is happening here.

password autofilling and various other functions do not appear to be operating properly.

Can you please list what exactly the various other functions are?

• NormCole
    NormCole
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana..

The 1Password application currently existing in my applications folder is v7.3.2 (70302004), which I believe is the latest.

When I call up the application from the Safari-based login, I enter the "new" login master password, which gets me to the "new" screens and functions, However, along with the autofill not working as before, the red warnings for duplicate passwords, etc are not showing up.

These functions work perfectly when called up from my dock based access and using my old (v6) password.

I can take some more time to recreate some of the other issues I'm running into, but these two alone give me a lot of concern about the (web-based) functions. I hope it's something I'm doing wrong here !

Thanks for your continuing help on this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NormCole:

I would like to ask you to send us a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at how you have configured your 1Password so far, and why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.