Emergency Kit Master Password

Options
jmassengale
jmassengale
Community Member

The way the Emergency Kit PDF works makes me wonder if 1Password recommends that the Master Password only be hand-written. I'm thinking about encrypting a folder that I will put on both Dropbox and iCloud, with the completed Emergency Kit inside.

I wasn't expecting that there would still be an unencrypted folder after the encryption process. Is that normal? I read about the process on Apple.com, and nothing I saw said there would be a file left over to delete.

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Emergency Kit Master Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@jmassengale

The way the Emergency Kit PDF works makes me wonder if 1Password recommends that the Master Password only be hand-written. I'm thinking about encrypting a folder that I will put on both Dropbox and iCloud, with the completed Emergency Kit inside.

We generally only recommend filling in the Master Password on printed copies of the Emergency Kit that will be stored in a physically secured location, such as a bank deposit box or fire safe. Writing the Master Password on a digital copy and then encrypting that copy seems ill advised... what are the chances you'll remember the password to decrypt the digital Emergency Kit if you don't remember your Master Password?

I wasn't expecting that there would still be an unencrypted folder after the encryption process. Is that normal? I read about the process on Apple.com, and nothing I saw said there would be a file left over to delete.

Which encryption process are you referring to? It sounds like your question may be about an Apple process, not a 1Password one, in which case your question may be better answered by Apple. Please let me know. :)

Ben

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. You're right, it's an Apple process. I thought it was worth asking. I've been spending too much on tech support recently.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.