When I upgraded my iPhone, it duplicated all of the logins/items. How do I correct it?

Cynde
Cynde
Community Member

I upgraded today and the upgrade seemed to go fine on my Mac and iPad, but my phone now had duplicates of every entry. How do I correct it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I upgraded my iPhone, it duplicated all of the logins/items. How do I correct it?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cynde! Welcome to the forum!

How many vaults do you have inside the 1Password app on your phone?

• Cynde
    Cynde
    Community Member

One. It's everything that's duplicated.

• Hi @Cynde

Are the Mac and iPad not syncing with the iPhone? If they were syncing then all of the same data should be on both. The common problem here is that folks don't delete the "Primary" vault after upgrading, and as such it appears there is a duplicate of each item.

Ben

• Cynde
    Cynde
    Community Member

I did delete the primary vault from my computer when I upgraded yesterday. The only device this happened on is the phone. Do I need to delete something separately on the phone? If so, what and how?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Cynde:

If you removed your old Primary vault from your computer only, that won't be enough: you need to remove it from the 1Password app on your phone too. What do you see if you open 1Password and go to Settings > Vaults?

• Cynde
    Cynde
    Community Member

There are 2 vaults. Personal and primary. Is it the Primary vault I should delete? Thanks!

• As long as you are able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser and view all of your data in the Personal vault there, then yes, you should delete the Primary vault from all devices. Instructions can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

This discussion has been closed.