Password fill hangs- iPhone XS iOS 13.1

PWHenne
PWHenne
Community Member
edited October 2019 in iOS

After working for a while, 1Password will no longer fill passwords. Now it just freezes up along with the app I’m trying to enter a password into.

I have tried rebooting my phone but that did not make a difference. I will try removing and re-installing the 1Password app and report back here if that helps. But this should not be happening in the first place.

Has this happened to anyone else? If 1Password Support is on here, can you help?

Thanks!

Comments

• PWHenne
    PWHenne
    Community Member

Removing and re-installing the 1Password app did seem to help, at least for now.

I’d still like to know if this could have been avoided, or if it is a bug (in either iOS or 1Password). The problem was app agnostic (happened in all apps I tried it with).

I’ve been using 1Password for years, and this is the first time I have ever run into a problem with it...

• PWHenne
    PWHenne
    Community Member
    edited October 2019

Unfortunately it only worked once before failing again. >_< And now it will not work at all.

In this case there was actually no login created in 1Password for these forums yet. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not..

1P version is 7.4.2

• Hi @PWHenne! Please try updating to iOS 13.2 and see if your issue is resolved. :smile:

• iCarioca
    iCarioca
    Community Member

Hello, @ag_michaelc and @PWHenne. I have the same problem. It does not happen all the time, but every day. Maybe 7-8 times over 10 login attempts. It's a big problem, because I need to close the app, lose what I am doing, open 1Password app, find the login, copy my password, open again the other app, type my user and paste the password.

iOS 13.2
    1Password 7.4.2.

If I can be helpful giving more details, let me know, please.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iCarioca: We've made some changes in the beta, if you'd like to try that.

• iCarioca
    iCarioca
    Community Member

I've installed the beta. I'll test the app during this week to see if it solves the problem 👍🏽

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! :+1: Sounds good :)

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@brenty @ag_ana
    Same issue here, and beta testers are at limit so I can not join. :'(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@richardevs:

We were were notified about the beta being full, and we will do some cleanup to allow more people to join ;) Thank you for your patience!

In the meantime, can you please confirm that you are already on iOS 13.2?

• richardevs
    richardevs
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Oops, Apple is pushing too much updates lately I though I was already 13.2, just realized Apple have not push that version to my phone yet... Gonna upgrade it now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Others have found that to be helpful. :)

This discussion has been closed.