1Password extension not working

1Password extension installed on Firefox 70.0 for Windows 10. Appears in the toolbar. When clicking on it, a new tab opens labelled '1Password' but it's blank. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted but no change. The extension for Chrome works fine. Thoughts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10 updated 10/29/19
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @drknife! I've seen this happen before, and there'a a good chance that you're running into a restriction in Firefox. While in private browsing mode, Firefox prevents extensions from accessing the local database, which 1Password X relies on in order to function properly. Unfortunately, this currently results in a blank page when trying to open the extension. So far, we’ve seen this behavior when either of the following preferences are set in Firefox:

• Never remember history
    • Always use private browsing mode

Would you mind double checking if you have any of those settings enabled? If that's the case, disabling either of those preferences should allow 1Password X to function as expected.

• drknife
    drknife
    Community Member

Looks like it was the Never remember history option. Rats. I somehow missed that notice. But then I was looking in the Windows forum rather than the X forum. So there's that. Thank you for the reply!

• I'm glad Kaitlyn was able to help you sort things our, @drknife. Never feel bad about asking when you can't find something either. Even I end up searching the forum for an answer from time to time and miss a post because I chose a search term that just wasn't quite right. The internet is a big place (and this forum ain't no slouch on its own) so we can't expect ourselves to find everything. That's why we're here to help out. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.