1Password doesn't detect which website the browser is on

2»

Comments

• @Hanton

Yes both login items are websites.

My apologies; I don't understand what you mean by this. Could you please rephrase?

Ben

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

@Ben

Do any of the Login items for prod.domain.com have dev1.domain.com listed as websites, or vice versa?

Sorry your initial question was not clear for me. I just understood (I hope !) what you are asking. Each login items only refer to its own URL.

ex :
    login item "admin1" refers to dev1.domain.com only and
    login item "admin2" refers to prod.domain.com

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member

Hello @Ben,

Any news on your side ?

• @Hanton,

My expectation here would be that both login items would be listed, but the one with the closer match would be listed first. I believe that is also your expectation, but is not how it is currently working for you. I'm going to speak with our development team and see if there is a way we can improve this. Thanks!

Ben

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member

Yes you are right and this is the way it used to work before !
    Right now the "suggestion" mode does not work reliably when dealing with sub-domains.

• Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I've filed an issue with development. :)

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4404

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Hi @Ben,

For my understanding, were you able to reproduce the issue ?

Any news to share since you filled the issue ?

Thanks !

• I did not personally reproduce the issue but hopefully our QA team will be able to do so. :)

Ben

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member

Hi,

Any update about this issue ? From a customer point of view, it's a long long time since the problem raised and it has a significant impact on everyday usage of the product.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Hanton:

Not yet. Please keep an eye on the release notes: once our development team has the time to address this, we will mention it in the release notes.

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member

Not the answer I expected after all those months but OK

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Hanton:

I certainly understand that, and my apologies for the wait. We will try to find the time to address this as soon as possible, as with any other issue.

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi,

Well, 7.4.2 is out today and unfortunately, no fix for this regression (bug ?).
    What is certainly very disappointing for customers is that more than 3 months after this issue has been described here we still do not know if it has been reproduced by anyone at agilebits, if a fix is planned to be released (or not) and when approximately.

Pleas, don't consider this as impatience or lack of respect for the work of the support teams: I understand that fixing a regression can takes time, but communication during this time is so important for the one who is hoping a solution 😄 ! If no one has reproduced the issue I understand that the is no chance that a fix will ever change the situation. May be you need more information / data / test case ?

This regression is not just a small "display glitch", it's really annoying when you use the application 50 times a day at work. This "1password-mini" bug makes the whole product painful to use and breaks a workflow that use to be working perfectly over all the past 1password version.

So, please, please, can you share a bit more information about a status ?

Thanks.

PS: Even though I don't use it, I temporarily installed Firefox 72.0.2 and I was able to reproduce the issue with this browser. I don't know if it's an interesting info to identity the bug.

• @Hanton,

I understand it can be incredibly frustrating when something isn't working as expected. At this point we've only had a total of 4 customers report this issue, and as such we haven't been able to justify modifying our development cycle. That doesn't mean we have no interest in fixing it, but the number of affected customers does tend to be a large factor in how we triage and prioritize fixing bugs. At this time development has not asked for any additional information on this issue, but if additional information is needed we'll be sure to reach out.

If you are using a 1Password membership account you may want to consider using our 1Password X browser extension at least until we can address the situation:

1Password X

Ben

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi @Ben, thanks for the clarification.
    I hope I will not face another regression and be the only one relying on it 😉. I'm surprised that so few users reported the issue. Anyone using 1Password in a pro IT context (many servers, may sub domain per domain, many admin accounts) should face the issue... But may be the most of the users are not using 1P in a pro IT context or does not care about this issue. Anyway, I'm still hoping Agilebits will restore the product as it was working a bit before 🙏🏻 .

By the way, I would LOVE to use 1Password X... as soon as it will be available on Safari (I did not found a link to download it on Safari).

• But may be the most of the users are not using 1P in a pro IT context or does not care about this issue.

Most of the folks using 1Password in such a context are using Chrome with 1Password X. :)

Anyway, I'm still hoping Agilebits will restore the product as it was working a bit before 🙏🏻 .

Of course. As I say, the problem isn't that we're disinterested. It is just a matter of prioritizing what we're working on, and this hasn't reached a level where we can drop what we're doing to address it.

By the way, I would LOVE to use 1Password X... as soon as it will be available on Safari (I did not found a link to download it on Safari).

1Password X is available for Chrome (and many Chrome-based options) as well as Firefox. It is not available for Safari. Based on the way Safari now works with extensions I'm not sure what would be possible in that regard.

Ben

• jst
    jst
    Community Member

I have the same issue. If I restart the 1password Extension Helper (Help->Troubleshooting->Restart 1Password Extension Helper), it fixes it and the web site is detected properly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

Thank you for the update @jst! And welcome to the forum! :)

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member

Well, this issue that last (at least) since 8 months now is still not solved, I still don't know if 1password even tried to reproduce it or has any intention to fix it. When I see that each new update of 1password on my Mac only includes cosmetic changes I start to wonder why an issue that degrades so much the usablity and the ergonomic of the product is not taken more seriously and in priority ?

• @Hanton

All I can say is that the development team is aware of the issue and will prioritize it based on all the same criteria we approach every other issue with (including but not limited to: number of customers affected, the degree to which those customers are affected, the ease of resolving the problem, and such... balanced against everything else we want to work on). The last time I spoke with them about this (yesterday morning) it seemed there was some hope that this could be addressed in the foreseeable future, but I'm not in a position to make any promises.

Ben

• Hanton
    Hanton
    Community Member

Nice :(
    So, If I resume:

• I buy the product & support (yeah ! It's not free, you know ?)
    • 1password introduce a regression in a release but because people don't complain enough (do they all have the willing of spending time here ?) or are not facing this issue because they do not manage passwords for many sub-domains then 1password decide unilaterally that it's not that important, then no fix, no date...

Still no ETA... (I did not found "foreseeable future" in my calendar) ;). The message is pretty clear, may be it's time for me to see how to circumvent this product bug (and especially the frustration generated by 1password support/dev services) by evaluating alternatives.
    All products can face bugs, that's a fact and it happens, but regression issues are very specific bugs that should be taken in priority. Deciding on behalf of the customer of what is now important or not for him is not fair at all and not respectful.

• I understand it can be frustrating, but as a policy we do not provide "ETAs."

Ben

This discussion has been closed.