To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can login to my account through the web interface, app on my Mac not right account

Options

HI there... I have started to add my logins (13 of them so far) to my account and I can see them through the web interface, but on my Mac, I noticed that the logins I added aren't there on my Mac, and it actually says that the account is locked... I paid for the service.. please help me unlock it so I can use it properly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Wrong account coming up on 1Password on Mac, I paid but it says locked

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kristencbutler

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. I'd be happy to help with that. First I'd recommend printing a copy of your Emergency Kit, if you haven't already:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

Armed with that information I'd suggest resetting 1Password for Mac. You can do this by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data from the 1Password menu bar. Once reset, use the Emergency Kit to add your account to the app. You should then see the same 13 items you have in the web app in the Mac app. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• kristencbutler
    kristencbutler
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhh... I see the problem... I appear to have two accounts... with two different secret keys... same email, same master password. It is weird, the Emergency Kit says that one was created on 8/25/2019 when I actually created the 1Password account, and the other one says that it was created today 11/5/2019. I did the steps as you indicated, reset and used the Emergency Kit setup code of the account that is working and has the 13 usernames but it says that the account is frozen. Help please...

• Ben
    Options

@kristencbutler

If you do indeed have multiple memberships that is something our billing team would need to help you sort out. As this is a public forum, for privacy reasons, we're unable to dig into the details of anyone's account(s) here. Please reach out to billing at support@1password.com from the email address on your membership. Let them know your concern that you may have multiple memberships, with the one you want to use being frozen. They should be able to sort that out for you. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• kristencbutler
    kristencbutler
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.