Anyone else having problems with Ally Bank saving your password?

I tried saving the system generated password, and it didn't like it (even though it was with the limitations it was requesting). So I created my own strong password, was able to log into the Ally site, but when I saved it to my 1Password folder, I kept getting an error from the bank saying it was the wrong password when I tried to log back in. I am able to log in with the password I created, without using the 1Password saved password feature, but when I try to use the auto feature it rejects it. I have confirmed that the password is being saved properly, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I access the site via Chrome. Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Anyone else having problems with Ally Bank saving your password?

Comments

• ag_michaelc
    edited November 2019

Hi, @Jackie_N! Could you give me more details, including exact steps you're taking? Did your problems start during a password change workflow, or are your issues only presenting while logging in? What is the URL you are visiting? What platform are you on, and what app and extension version? I just tried logging in to my account at https://secure.ally.com/ and I did not have any issues. :smile:

If you look at your Ally login, does it show your new password, or does it still show an old one?

• xvkttrmh
    xvkttrmh
    Community Member

I've had a similar problems with another bank, where there was a maximum password length. When I made the password, they truncated it down to their maximum length.

When I typed the password in later, the form ignored the last few characters I typed, so it stayed at the maximum length. But when I used a password manager, it pasted the whole longer password in the field, ignoring the length check, so it didn't match the shortened version.

If you're having the same problem I had, the solution would be to delete the last few characters of the password in your 1Password vault to the maximum length of the password, so that it matches the shortened version that the bank saved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @xvkttrmh! It might also be worth reaching out to your bank to ask them to remove the password length limitation from their systems, if possible.

This discussion has been closed.