1Password X autofill menu seems to only use passwords from "All Vaults"

I have two 1Password accounts that I use; one for my family and one I'm a part of for work. I have my "All Vaults" setup to only contain a few of the vaults from my family account. During the day when I'm at the office, I'll switch in the app or the browser extension from "All Vaults" to just my company account. The little autofill menu that appears when you focus in a input online doesn't seem to sync with the extension/app though; it looks like it's always using the "All Vaults" items (i.e. the extension will be showing me suggestions from my work account but the autofill menu will be showing me stuff from my family account).

Is it possible to make the autofill menu sync with the extension/app in terms of which vault(s) it pulls from at any given time?

1Password Version: 7.4.1.BETA-0
Extension Version: 1.17.2
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• jalendport
    jalendport
    Community Member

Here are some pics to help demonstrate what I'm referring to...

This is what it looks like normally (notice in the extension I've selected one of my vaults which isn't a part of "All Vaults"); you'll see my Algolia login item shows up in the extension but not in the autofill menu:

But if I add that vault to "All Vaults" the Algolia item suddenly shows up:

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @jalendport! You brought up a good point. The 1Password X inline menu will always show All Vaults, but it'd be pretty convenient for it to match the current vault you have selected in the 1Password X pop-up. I'll bring it up to my team as a feature request. :)

While I think this is a good idea, I also see how it could get confusing quickly. If I'm viewing a vault in the pop-up that only has a few items, for example, I think users would be confused when seeing "No items to show." Maybe changing the wording to "No items to show in current vault." could be a possibility, but we'll have to discuss it internally to determine the best course of action. In my personal 1Password X use, the inline menu has everything I need, and I use the pop-up to access more specific vaults that I may not have included in All Vaults. Either way, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It's always lovely to hear different perspectives!

ref: dev/core/core#460

This discussion has been closed.