I'm assuming I should delete the iCloud vault - please confirm before I do

jmassengale
jmassengale
Community Member
edited November 2019 in Mac

For many years I had the Mac 1Password without a Secret Key that synced through iCloud. I installed the new 1Password 7 with a Secret Key on my office desktop. After some teething problems, it's now working with no problems.

So I deleted the new 1Password 7 I had previously installed on my home laptop and followed the directions to install 1Password 7 on the laptop. The 1Password 7 on the laptop is now showing two vaults and two copies of all logins. In the photo below you can see that the iCloud vault is named "Primary." Oddly, the desktop 1Password 7 calls the account "massengale," while the laptop 1Password 7 calls it "MASSENGALE."

Are massengale on the desktop and MASSENGALE on the laptop the same account? Even though I signed in with my Secret Key and the password associated with my Secret Key account in order to install 1Password on my laptop, if I sign into my laptop 1Password 7 now, it wants the old password from the old 1Password 6. And there's this: there's only one 1Password in the laptop Applications folder, but there are two 1Password icons in the menu bar.

Should I delete the iCloud vault? Or is there something else I need to do first?

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
1Password Store
_OS Version: Mojave
_Sync Type:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete iCloud vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmassengale!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: DZG-25572-151

This discussion has been closed.