Central directory, multiple username formats

mpflugfelder
mpflugfelder
Community Member
edited November 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Is there currently a way to save my credentials with different username formats based on the site I'm connecting to? For example, I'm using 1Password at work. Many of the sites that I use are backed by Active Directory. A lot of them will accept just my username, but some want my username in e-mail format and some want the domain included. The password is the same for all, since it's a central directory. Currently, I'm just saving the same credentials under different entries in 1Password, but then I get an alert that the password is used in multiple locations. I'd even be happy if I could tie the entries together so that they're multiple entries, but 1Password knows that they share the same password.

1Password Version: 7.4.BETA-0
Extension Version: 70400000
OS Version: OS X 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mpflugfelder: Web standards for login forms are a single username, and 1Password is based on that. It's possible we may add some facility for multiple usernames in the future, but that would require a lot of development and testing across multiple platforms, and would result in incompatibilities with anything not fully updated. For for foreseeable future I'd suggest saving different usernames in custom fields and then having the site itself save whichever one it requires so you only need to enter your password to sign in each time.

This discussion has been closed.