Extension 4.7.5.90 doesn't work in Opera 64.0.3417.92.

Hi guys.
I've recently switched to Opera and tried to add 1P extension. I can install it, but it's not working. The icon in the bar blinks - it's greyed out, but tries to switch to 'on' for a second, then goes back off. Using cmd+/ opens 1P which says 'add extension to opera' endlessly.
Any ideas, what I'm doing wrong?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ftpd ,

I suggest you go through this page and try everything that is relevant: https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/ (Especially the restart part if you haven't tried it already).
    In case nothing worked, the last suggestion there to send us an email with a diagnostics report will be the best one so we can investigate your setup and see what went wrong.

Hopefully you will find a solution in one of the other steps there and won't need to send us that diagnostics report, but either way we will be happy to help :)

• ftpd
    ftpd
    Community Member

Reboot did the job, thanks for this suggestion.
    For the record, I'm not happy with that solution - it's not Windows, it's a normal OS, why reboot to fix such a small thing? ;-)

Anyway, this thread can now be closed. Thanks one more time for your fast and helpful reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Windows is, arguably, a "normal OS". :lol: But yes, even Macs and mobile devices need a restart sometimes. ;)

It sounds like Native Messaging was just hung up on your system. Quitting 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q -- and the browser before restarting both may work too. But a reboot ensures there aren't any other processes preventing them from being reset fully. Cheers! :)

• ftpd
    ftpd
    Community Member

I've killed all 1P processes, so I think it's basically the same as quiting completely ;-) Anyway, now it works and I'm happy ;-)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

We're glad to hear it, @ftpd .
    Enjoy your 1Password :)

This discussion has been closed.