am i able to see the passwords if I want to enter them manually on another computer

Options
MyPasswords
MyPasswords
Community Member

I want to install on my IPad and IPhone but I will need to use a PC on occassion. Is 1Password set up to let me see the passwords so i can access them in my IOS device to be able to enter them when I use a PC

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:am i able to see the passwords if I want to enter them manually on another computer

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MyPasswords: A 1Password membership would allow you to seamlessly access the data in the account across all your devices just by signing in. Are you subscribed to that already, or do you need help getting setup with that?

• MyPasswords
    MyPasswords
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Not signed up yet. Doing my homework! My computer guy said not to install it on the PC. He said that the IOS devices are much safer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MyPasswords: While you're right to be wary of what you install on any of your devices, and your computer guy is also right that iOS is a safer environment to install software in general, 1Password is safe to install on any platform, and we put the same care into its security everywhere. The only caveats are: install it directly from our website, not some other random site; and don't use 1Password or anything else to access sensitive information on a device which you do not control (e.g. a school computer, etc.) But if you just want to avoid installing apps, 1Password X is a browser extension that works in Firefox or Chrome (-based browsers) and requires no other software installation. If you have any questions, let me know! :)

• MyPasswords
    MyPasswords
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your reply! It’s not the app installation itself that he’s concerned about, it’s if somebody hacked in to my computer which these days is a a good possibility. That’s why I just wanted to know if I can access those passwords so that if I need to use the PC I can type it in like I do currently using my password list.

• MyPasswords
    MyPasswords
    Community Member
    Options

I didn’t know about the browser extensions. I’ll ask him about that too

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MyPasswords:

Thank you for the clarification. As brenty said, you don't need to install the 1Password app on Windows if you don't want to: you can login to the website, if you prefer, or use the browser extension.

Alternatively, you can certainly always look up your passwords on your iOS device when you need them on Windows, and type them manually without having to install anything on your PC.

• MyPasswords
    MyPasswords
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.