Entering master password in password prompt does not save it like entering it in the main app

Options
gandalf_saxe
gandalf_saxe
Community Member

Hi,
If need to use a password from 1Password in an application and I haven't entered the master password since the last phone reset, I have to type it again next time I need to use 1Password. Only if I open the main app and enter the master password, can I instead use TouchID / FaceID until the phone is restarted again.
This introduces the extra friction that everytime this happens when I need a password, I instead have to abort logging in, go the home screen, open 1Password, enter master password, then switch back to the application.

Is it possible that you could make the behavior regardless of where you enter the master password,?

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3 beta
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gandalf_saxe: It isn't possible at present for the 1Password extension or Autofill to save the lock state so that biometrics are enabled, only the main 1Password app. So, only unlocking the main 1Password app first will allow you to use biometric unlock both there and with extension/Autofill. But hopefully that will change in the future. :)

• gandalf_saxe
    gandalf_saxe
    Community Member
    Options

Ok 👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.