1PW-7 imports obsolete data when migrating from 1PW-6

Options
MatvanRoy
MatvanRoy
Community Member
edited November 2019 in Mac

I have been struggling for almost one week now to properly migrate to 1PW-7.
I unintentionally had 2 versions of v6 on my Mac (6.8.8 and 6.8.9) of which 6.8.8 holds the correct data. The 6.8.9 database contains fewer items and is to be considered obsolete. At my first attempt to migrate I was not aware of having 2 versions so it looked like items were skipped at migration. After finding out about the dual db I have done various attempts remove 6.8.9 including all it's data. When it looks like I only have a correct 6.8.8 left and start migrating to v7 again, it somehow still imports the obsolete 6.8.9 database. Meanwhile I have tried every trick I could think of but now I am really stuck. Last thing I did was re-install v7, and then got to the option to get 1PW to connect to my Mac; it then found 2 vaults one of which could successfully be imported but proved to be the obsolete one, and the second one should be the correct one (it has the same identifier in the filename as the backups of the correct 6.8.8 version have). However trying to import this file results in "failed to unlock. Cannot locate keychain with the specified identifier". Also created an export file to import it into v7 however the import function in v7 is greyed-out.
Please help! I'm really out of options now. I could consider to fully de-install 1Password and then start all over again hoping g that I can somehow import the export file. however I do not trust that approach because apparently there is still data hanging around which is not removed.
Btw I have already tried to get in touch with you via different ways, also have a ticket number however these ways appear not to be very responsive.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MatvanRoy! Welcome to the forum!

I see that you have already been in touch with our email support team, and that they have been helping you over there already. In order to avoid duplicating support efforts and slow down response times for you, let's continue the conversation via email ;)

ref: PXV-64854-974

• MatvanRoy
    MatvanRoy
    Community Member
    Options

@Ag_Ana: unfortunately you just closed my previous discussion on this issue and now I can't get back to you in that discussion. So sorry for opening a second one but that seems to be the only to react. Your statement was that guys are already helping media e-mail. Well, actually that is not really the case because there is only one-way traffic from me to you. So in order to speed up things for me I have submitted the issue to this forum. Should I really spent another week or so to get 1PW properly up and running? Please advise, thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

@MatvanRoy:

Thank you for the update. We reply to emails in the order we receive them. Considering that the last two days have been a weekend, it can unfortunately take a bit longer for us to get back to everyone as quickly as we do during the week. Both Sarabeth and Philipp have replied to your original emails already, before the weekend, so I see that this is not a one-way conversation.

We have however received all your emails and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible, but posting the same question in multiple places is unfortunately not going to help us reply quicker.

Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.