Autofill on iOS - 1Password accounts don't show up for autofill

Options
p_james17
p_james17
Community Member

When using Safari on my iOS devices, the autofill exclusively shows "Passwords" preceded by the key symbol, even on web pages that I know I have the account information saved on 1Password. Additionally, when I click into "Passwords", I am always forced to type in my master password for 1Password even though I have Touch ID enabled (not sure if related).

My understanding is that on web pages that I have my account information saved, the autofill will show the account details, and will not just say "Password". Now, I have to type in my master password to the 1Password prompt screen after clicking "Passwords", and then select the account from the 1Password screen.

This is occurring on both my iPhone and iPad, both of which I updated today. Clearly, I set up 1Password in the AutoFill Passwords settings, because it is still popping up. It is just an incredibly annoying workflow.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.2.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill doesn't work

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @p_james17

I'd be happy to help with those issues.

Additionally, when I click into "Passwords", I am always forced to type in my master password for 1Password even though I have Touch ID enabled (not sure if related).

Touch ID can only be enabled within Password AutoFill after unlocking the main 1Password app once. So, each time you reboot your device, you'll need to launch 1Password and unlock with the Master Password. From then on (until the next reboot) you should be able to use Touch ID. We'd like to be able to remove this requirement in the future, if possible.

When using Safari on my iOS devices, the autofill exclusively shows "Passwords" preceded by the key symbol, even on web pages that I know I have the account information saved on 1Password

For these to be presented properly the "domain" portion of the URL you're visiting in Safari must match the domain portion of a website field in your Login items. The domain is the example.com bit. So for example to have autofill present a Login item for this website (discussions.agilebits.com) I'd need to have a website field on said Login item and that website field would have to have agilebits.com in it (discussions.agilebits.com or https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin would also work).

Does that make sense?

My understanding is that on web pages that I have my account information saved, the autofill will show the account details, and will not just say "Password".

Autofill has three separate ways of presenting itself:

1. One or more logins match the current site/app:

2. No logins match or the app you're using hasn't defined an Associated Domain:

3. Unknown what logic autofill uses to determine if it should show this interface

The autofill feature in iOS determines which of these interfaces will be available based on the information provided to it. We don't have any way of controlling which it picks.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• p_james17
    p_james17
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Ben. I did not know that the app must be opened after reboot, so that is great to know. And the autofill display issue eventually sorted itself out. It was not the domain thing you are describing - I was able to visit the exact same address and the account did show up later on, without any edits to my saved logins.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.