To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can I cancel this b.s.? Did not mean to order it, don't think did! No way contact.!.

Options
jimarch01
jimarch01
Community Member

I feel I was tricked into ordering this bs Didn't know the order had been placed until it showed up on my credit card statement. I want to cancel and have all charges refunded immediately. If I don't get results this way I intend to contact the Attorney Generals Office and file a complaint.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I cancel this b.s.? Did not mean to order it, don't think I did! No way to contact.!

Comments

• jimarch01
    jimarch01
    Community Member
    Options

You think you can hide? We'll see when I get the proper authorities involved!

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    Options

Jesus, because no one replys within 8 minutes you think the company is trying to hide? Calm down, if you made your purchase without the intention of actually buying the product the team will certainly find a solution for you.

Saying there is no way to contact time on their support forum (and with a email contact form very easy to find on the homepage) is a little ironic, don‘t you think? :)

Also, curse-words don‘t really help your case :)

• jimarch01
    jimarch01
    Community Member
    Options

Have you ever tried to contact them with that email about a subject that's not on their list? Why is a phone number not available?

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

@jimarch01 Yes I did, I also had a lot of contact with support staff on this forum and they have always been super helpful and always have proven to be the kind of company that cares for their customers. Just give them some time to reply :). They do not offer phone support since they are too small of a company to do so with only about 170 employees but selling their product globally. To do phone support to a certain level of quality is very hard and takes a lot of resources and I can understand why 1Password is not able to do so at the moment, but I also understand that there are situations where it would be nice.

But have some faith in them, I‘ve been a customer for roughly 10 years and have never been disappointed.

• jimarch01
    jimarch01
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to hear you are happy...How long does it take them to respond normally?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@jimarch01

Did you submit that email? The staff handles all account matters via email, and not here in the public forums. If you have not done so, then please submit one.
    Also make sure that the email you send in, uses the email address tied to your account sign up. If your not sure you which email was used, I would still send in the email and get a dialogue started with them.

If you have already submitted that email, please don't reply to it again and again until you hear from the staff. The email system in my understanding ranks emails in the order received and that's how the support initial support request is answered. Subsequent replies to an existing conversation are sorted in some other fashion.

I could be wrong on the support queue answers. I have no inside knowledge, and I am only going off things I see mentioned here in the forums.

As @peacekeeper said I have been around almost as long as the furniture here in the forums. They really are a standup kind of company. For the record, being a community moderator has no special privileges in that regard. I submit support tickets for my account just as you or any other user would. Rest assured they will get to you. :)

• jimarch01
    jimarch01
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have an email address to send to. They do not show an email address, only a box that says “email”. When I clicked that it took me to a list of topics, none of which were applicable. When I clicked the choice that was closest it took me to the forum. I typed my question in the only choice I had...to no avail. If anyone knows of an email eddress that will reach them, please advise. They don’t show one.

• jimarch01
    jimarch01
    Community Member
    Options

No no no, I was the one that entered all the info, including credit card info, before I reconsidered and didn’t confirm, went back and came to the conclusion I really did not need this after all. Since I never did confirm I assumed the sale would be void. Now all I want is a way to contact this company and cancel. I must say they make it as difficult as possible. If you know of an email address or phone no., please advise.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

@jimarch01 This is what I would pick (see screenshot). Then it sends them an email via the form and you get a confirmation email that your email was received. The rest of the conversation will then go via email.

I was waiting about a week for an initial reply by the support, afterwards the conversation went back and forth until a solution was found with a few hours between mails (it was a technical issue).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

@jimarch01: I'm sorry for the confusion. Indeed, if you signed up for a 1Password membership and setup payment for the account, it would be charged as you indicated when the subscription begins. But it can be canceled at any time through either your account settings on the website or with the app store, depending on where you subscribed:

Manage your 1Password subscription

Since I see that you've already been in contact with Kristen via email, I'll close this discussion and follow up with you there.

ref: PTZ-66999-479

And anyone else who needs help can always email us at support@1password.com as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.