To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I change my credit card #?

Options

Assuming this is right forum group:
I login in to “my.password.com” and tried to change my compromised old credit card.... Couldn’t do it. This account is used to pay my yearly subscription fee so I assume you want the legitimate card #. Since I cant “talk’ to anyone, I assume someone in forum can give me the clue.
My fee is not due till next August, so we have plenty of time to get this change made.
Thanks. Jim Babcock (aka three-cushion_

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: MacOS 10.10.5
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

More information: I CAN get to “Billing” where current card data rests. (via my.1password.com)
    I CAN’T delete current card (Why not?)
    Then if I try to “add” a card, the new (Apple Card) does not show up in my Category of Credit cards (Why Not?) I just put the new one in the Category
    So, I am stuck. The old Apple credit card in my.1password.com has been de-activated so it wont work any more.

What do you suggest?

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

VOILA! I solved it!! The way to enter the new Apple card into “Categories” is to use the BANK name (ie, Goldman Sachs (Apple)) as the card issuer! Then the Card # can be posted along with other info needed in the “Credit Card” section of 1PW.

Then when I asked my.1password.com acct to add a new card ...it DID! (ie the new Apple card NUMBER i just received from Goldman Sachs)....NOT a new physical card...

For others: Please remember that the BANK for the Apple card is NOT Apple...rather it its Goldman Sachs!

So ...I now have the default card as my new one in my.1password.com!!

I DO like the new Apple card... but I had a compromised issue and t=GS had to give me a new #. (Not a new card!) Since the Apple card does not have a # ON IT, I can still use the same physical card if need be, The card # is hidden in “Wallet”....

Hope this has not bored you too much...
    Thanx for listening

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

@three-cushion:

I was thinking of getting a card (primarily for the discounts on Apple gear), but it seemed like they're playing games with your options to "spend" rebates. It was like pulling teeth, but I think I got them to fess up that customers are trapped into spending accumulated pseudo-cash in Apple stores instead of applying it as a statement credit (i.e. REAL cash). What's your take?

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Does @williakz have a reply for me? I note that the 3 views are all mine...the last is about resolution of my problem..

Just askin’

Jim B

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

BTW I WAS able to update my 1password account with the new #. 😁😁

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

OK @williakz : Now I can answer. The idea of a “Virtual” acct # is great. In my case, got a new # which stops the thieves from more unauthorized charges... And, my 1-2-3-% cash comes from ordinary purchases...like Groceries, Amazon goods, and the like. My fav grocer has Apple pay so I get 2% of all the food I buy. I don’t ever use the Apple store.....no need since I am not in music world.
    Also, no extra charges, fees, and NEVER any late fees.
    It is a real winner.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. The tech support folk are a bit snowed under what with all the hiccups in browsers, operating systems, devices, and 1P upgrades. And, as you've apparently solved your own problem, I don't imagine they see you needing much help. I was simply seeking your experience with the Apple card's value as I haven't seen it discussed much anywhere. Again, sorry to intrude and glad you fixed your issue(s).

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

It sounds like the 1Password portion of this got sorted, and we're getting a little off the rails as far as the 1Password support forum is concerned. ;) I'm going to close this thread, but if you have anything further related to 1Password please feel free to open a new thread. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.