Autofill menu on field focus not working correctly

Options

I have the autofill menu on field focus set to not display. It is working for the some sites, and not for others. Example where it is not working is the Microsoft authentication site (https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/authorize?client_id=xxxxxxxx) for outlook.com, powerbi.microsoft.com etc. Note that the sign-in name dialog does not cause the autofill menu to pop up, it is only the password dialog that causes the autofill menu to pop up (when set not to).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.5
OS Version: Windows 10 (Chrome)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @alanper! Thanks so much for taking the time to report this. I was able to reproduce and have filed an issue with the developers, so it's on their radar now. Sorry for the trouble; Hopefully it's not too in the way. In the meantime, you should be able to just press the enter/return key to submit the login, despite the inline menu obstructing the sign in button.

• Sorry for the double reply, @alanper - I just spoke with one of our developers and he reminded me that this is a different issue altogether. Though the inline menu should ideally not be revealed in a field that's just been filled, it turns out what you've encountered is just that, and doesn't exactly have to do with the show autofill menu on field focus setting.

So, with that setting disabled, once you click on the inline icon within a field, you're basically temporarily enabling the show autofill menu on field focus setting for that particular session- in the entire form (until you click the icon again or refresh the page). That means that if you go to any site, click on the inline menu icon, then move focus to any other field in the same form, the inline menu will be shown on field focus. I know it looks like the fields are on separate pages on login.live.com, but they're actually in the same form behind the scenes. That said, we've got an issue filed to avoid showing the inline menu after a field has been filled which should address this.

This discussion has been closed.