Reliable safe cloud storage

Options
Jo_ann77
Jo_ann77
Community Member

There is no denying that we live in a online era and one of the things that irritates me is the amount of paper work that is usefull to keep and not throw away and yet its not needed regulary so it takes up space and that i need for other things.
So despite being from the snail mail era i want to make the switch to scan all andn save it in the cloud.
And there is the problem.
Any type of info can give prying eyes something to go for and do unwanted things to me and my data.
So i hesitate to send it to the cloud to just any cloud company.
For starters being a great fan of alternative media i want nothing to do with either apple, google or microsoft.
So what is a reliable company i can entrust my paperwork to
This is mostly work related, no financial or such.
I wished 1PW would offer a cloud storage as they i do trust maybe naive but still i love 1pw x awesome app.
I guess it should have a solid pw options just like 1pw app and 2fa with yubikey

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1pw X
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04 lts
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jo_ann77: So, I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind with "cloud storage", but while 1Password is a password manager and not something you'd use like Dropbox or iCloud Drive, 1Password memberships do include the Documents feature for securely saving up to 1GB of important files:

Save important files in 1Password

I'm not sure that fits the bill, but it can definitely be useful for things like contacts even if you need something more extensive for other stuff.

(Not an official 1Password endorsement) Personally, I just use Dropbox, with Boxcryptor for encrypting specific files/folders. I'd probably just use iCloud, but it isn't available on all the platforms I use.

Anyway, I hope this helps. :)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

@Jo_ann77 You can also buy a NAS and host your own Cloud ;)
    Boxcryptor

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the recommendation, that is indeed also a good option if you are not afraid of configuring things yourself :+1: :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Many online backup providers offer a “trust no one” option where data is encrypted on your system, using a key only you know, before it is uploaded to their system (similar to what 1Password does with your data).

And if you don’t even trust them you can indeed encrypt files first yourself first.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

I use Cryptomator and Dropbox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in! :)

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member
    Options

I use Dropbox, iCloud and Nordlocker to encrypt any volumes within my cloud storage.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing your setup as well :+1:

This discussion has been closed.