Sync all data between devices

botnik
botnik
Community Member

I am a longtime 1Password 4, then 1Password 6 user on Mac and iPhone, and had a family licence, and synced between Mac and iPhone over the local wifi so my data was never on the Internet.

Recently I changed our family to a subscription model with a 1Password online account. I have deleted locally-stored vaults and all my data is now stored in my 1Password account online (I believe this is how it works). I do not believe the data is synced through iCloud/Dropbox but I could be wrong (there is a lot to read). One of my main reasons for upgrading was the feature that marks some data safe for travel and hides the rest.

I would have expected that because the data is stored online, when I change my data by changing/adding/deleting a login or something, the change is reflected across every place I use 1Password, and in many cases, my changes do sync across. However there are times when I can't get into 1Password on the iPhone with the fingerprint sensor after multiple tries and then it asks me to enter my master password. I can't get into 1Password and then I accidentally discovered that I had to use my old master password, so there is at least some stuff that's not syncing or some situations where the syncing is not activated.

How do I get all data synced across all places I use 1Password? I want all data to be synced automatically.

iPhone: iPassword 7.4.4, iOS 12.4.3 (iPhone 6)

Mac: 1Password 7.4.1, macOS 10.12.6 (MacBookPro10,1), 1Password X 1.17.0 (Brave), I think for Safari it's just 1Password 7.4.1

I use a mix of Safari and Brave on the Mac, and a mix of IE and Brave on a Win7 VM (VMware Fusion), but I could conceivably use 1Password on various other computers that I admin.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @botnik!

I can't get into 1Password and then I accidentally discovered that I had to use my old master password, so there is at least some stuff that's not syncing or some situations where the syncing is not activated.

When you open the 1Password app on your phone, how many vaults do you see there? Do you see your old Primary vault still in the app?

How do I get all data synced across all places I use 1Password? I want all data to be synced automatically.

All you need to do is make sure that you are logged in to your 1Password account in every 1Password app that you use ;)

This discussion has been closed.